Dog CareSimparica Trio Chewable Tablet for Dogs, 44.1-88 lbs, (Green Box)
$156.99 – $365.34
Help your furry friend fight off pests with Simparica Trio Chewable Tablets for Dogs! Every purchase comes with 6 treatments that are specially formulated for canine companions 8 weeks of age and older, weighing between 2.8 and 5.5 pounds. Simparica Trio is the first and only product that combines sarolaner, moxidectin and pyrantel in each treatment to help prevent heartworm disease, kill fleas before they can lay eggs, kill 5 types of ticks, treat and prevent flea infestations and treat and control roundworms and hookworms. And each monthly chewable tablet has a palatable liver flavor and can be taken with or without food!
- Additional information
Help your furry friend fight off pests with Simparica Trio Chewable Tablets for Dogs! Every purchase comes with 6 treatments that are specially formulated for canine companions 8 weeks of age and older, weighing between 5.6 and 11 pounds. Simparica Trio is the first and only product that combines sarolaner, moxidectin and pyrantel in each treatment to help prevent heartworm disease, kill fleas before they can lay eggs, kill 5 types of ticks, treat and prevent flea infestations and treat and control roundworms and hookworms. And each monthly chewable tablet has a palatable liver flavor and can be taken with or without food!
Proudly sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine and backed by the manufacturer.
|For Use With||Dogs|
|Generic Name||sarolander, moxidectin, and pyrantel|
|Common Brand Name(s)||Simparica Trio|
|Kills or Treats||Fleas, Ticks, Roundworms, Hookworms|
|Repels or Prevents||Heartworms, Fleas|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds|
|Product Form||Chewable Tablet|
|Strength||48 mg Sarolaner, 0.96 mg Moxidectin, 200 mg Pyrantel|
|Health Condition||Heartworms, Ticks, Fleas, Roundworms, Hookworms|
Monthly Simparica Trio prevents heartworm disease, kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations, the treatment and control of tick infestations, and the treatment and control of roundworm and adult hookworm infections in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, and weighing 2.8 pounds or greater.
Possible Side Effects
The most frequently reported adverse reactions in clinical trials were vomiting and diarrhea.
Drug & Food Interactions
There are no known contraindications for the use of SIMPARICA TRIO.
Not for use in humans. Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures. Simparica Trio contains sarolaner, a member of the isoxazoline class, which has been associated with neurologic adverse reactions including tremors, ataxia, and seizures in dogs with or without a history of neurologic disorders. The safe use of Simparica Trio has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs. The most frequently reported adverse reactions in clinical trials were vomiting and diarrhea.
sarolaner, moxidectin, and pyrantel (as pamoate salt).
This medication should be administered orally at monthly intervals. Consult your veterinarian for proper dosing instructions.
Store at or below 30°C (86°F).
What are the key benefits of Simparica Trio?
Comprehensive Protection with Potent Heartworm Coverage
- Trio of Parasite Protection:
- Heartworm disease
- Ticks and fleas
- Hookworms and roundworms
Convenience: One Monthly Product Does the Job of Two or More
- Greater than 75% of pet owners aren’t protecting dogs from all parasites Simparica Trio covers
- Around 50% of pet owners protect against just ticks & fleas or heartworm
Tasty Chew for Puppies and Dogs
- Demonstrated safety in dogs as young as 8 weeks of age
- Highly palatable (91.9% of dogs voluntarily consumed)
What is the efficacy of Simparica Trio?
In clinical trials, Simparica Trio:
- Was 100% effective against heartworm disease in dogs after one dose
- Started killing fleas within 4 hours and achieved 100% efficacy 8 hours after treatment
- Was >98.9 % effective against tick infestations in 48 hours
- Resulted in 99.2% efficacy for adult roundworm and reduction in fecal egg count, and >94% efficacy for hookworm
What should I do if a dose is missed, or if my dog vomits after administration?
- If a dose is missed, a new dose should be given immediately. If a dose is vomited or spit out, a new dose should be given again. Then, continue on the prescribed monthly dosing schedule.
Why should I recommend Simparica Trio or Simparica?
- Simparica and Simparica Trio are both highly palatable chews that protect against ticks and fleas in dogs, but Simparica Trio also has the added benefit of moxidectin and pyrantel to protect dogs against heartworms disease, roundworms, and hookworms.
How do Simparica Trio’s active ingredients work?
- Sarolaner is an acaricide and insecticide belonging to the isoxazoline group. Sarolaner inhibits the function of the neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor and glutamate receptor and works at the neuromuscular junction in insects. This results in uncontrolled neuromuscular activity leading to death in insects or acarines.
- Moxidectin is an endectocide in the macrocyclic lactone class. Moxidectin acts by interfering with the chloride channel-mediated neurotransmission in the parasite. This results in paralysis and death of the parasite.
- Pyrantel pamoate is a nematocide belonging to the tetrahydropyrimidine class. Pyrantel acts as a depolarizing, neuromuscular-blocking agent in susceptible parasites, which causes paralysis and death or expulsion of the organism.
How old does my dog have to be to start using Simparica Trio?
- Simparica Trio has been demonstrated safe for puppies as young as 8 weeks, and weighing as little as 2.8 lbs.
Are Simparica Trio tablets able to be split for administration?
- Simparica Trio chewables are not scored and cannot be divided.
Is administering Simparica Trio at the same time as other heartworm, tick, or flea medications safe?
- At this time, No studies have been conducted to evaluate Simparica Trio administered alongside with other medications. But, Simparica Trio has demonstrated efficacy against heartworm disease, ticks and fleas in one chewable so there is no need to administer another product.
Can Simparica Trio be administered to cats?
- Simparica Trio has only been approved for dogs and cannot be administered to cats.
How does Simparica Trio differ from other preventatives?
- Simparica Trio is a first of its kind monthly chewable to protect dogs against heartworm disease, fleas, five types of ticks, hookworms and roundworms.
How often should I give Simparica Trio to my dog?
- Administer Simparica Trio chewable once a month to your dog.
How do I switch from a flea and tick medication or another heartworm medication?
- To ensure your dog is kept protected through the process, talk to your veterinarian before switching to Simparica Trio from another preventive medication.
Does Simparica Trio require a prescription?
- Simparica Trio does require a prescription. Talk to your vet today about Simparica Trio, and your veterinarian can prescribe the correct dose for your dog.
If I’m late giving a Simparica Trio dose, what should I do?
- Give a new dose immediately if a dose is missed. A new dose should be given again if a dose is spit out. Then, continue on the monthly prescribed dosing schedule.
What are some signs and symptoms of heartworm disease in dogs?
- The first signs of heartworm disease may be mild and hard to notice. As time progresses, you might see something known as heartworm cough, a decreased appetite, or a reluctance to exercise. More advanced stages of heartworm disease result in symptoms including trouble breathing, pale gums or dark urine—a result of blocked blood flow.
Is there a cure for heartworm disease?
- Thankfully, heartworm disease can be treated, but the process can be pricey, lengthy and hard on your dog’s health. While heartworms can be removed, the damage to your dog’s heart and lungs may remain. Heartworm disease preventatives for dogs protect your dog from the effects of heartworm disease and prevent this trauma.
What should I do if my dog has already tested positive for heartworm disease?
- If your veterinarian has confirmed this diagnosis, they will talk to you about how to treat heartworm disease in your dog.
How fast does Simparica Trio work to kill ticks and fleas?
- Simparica Trio works fast to get rid of ticks and fleas on dogs. It starts to kill deer ticks within 8 hours, and fleas within 4 hours.
Are hookworms contagious?
- Dogs become infected with hookworms from contact with contaminated feces, contaminated environments, from mother to pup, as well as eating wild animals. Hookworms in dog feces can lead to contaminated outdoor areas, which is how people can get hookworm infection.
What are intestinal parasite symptoms?
- Both hookworms and roundworms can cause malnutrition in dogs, shown by anemia, weakness, weight loss or stunted growth.
- Roundworms can also cause vomiting, diarrhea or a pot-bellied appearance.
- Hookworms can cause pale gums and itchy paws. Hookworms can be deadly if left untreated, especially in young puppies or adult dogs with a weakened immune system.
2.8 – 5.5 lbs, 5.6 – 11 lbs, 11.1 – 22 lbs, 22.1 – 44 lbs, 44.1 – 88 lbs, 88.1 – 132 lbs
6 Chews (6-mos. supply), 12 Chews (12-mos. supply)
There are no reviews yet.